City Plate - Los Angeles
Part of our first series of City Plates. The theme of the first collection is "City as Gateway," and the cities chosen are Los Angeles, Shanghai, Cairo and Berlin. With this theme we ask: how is each city dealing with the effects of agglomeration as its population begins to reach critical mass?
The Los Angeles plate design shows what used to be labeled "sprawl"—and is now being looked at as a model for modern development. The city, thanks to its youth and love of the automobile, has developed in a singular way that runs counter to the traditional condensed urban cores of East Coast cities. As cities’ populations grow and cities themselves drift towards each other, the multiple-city-center approach of Los Angeles is becoming more and more familiar.
• 12" diameter• Porcelain• Dishwasher- and microwave-safe• Key buildings are represented with persimmon icons, while rivers and public spaces are shown in blue and green, respectively• Use as a dinner plate, serving plate, or decorative piece• Designed in Los Angeles; made in Poland
Leave a Review
Out of stock
You Might Also Like
- Central Park: Sheep MeadowSpecial Price $35.00 Regular Price $50.00
- Central Park: Great LawnSpecial Price $35.00 Regular Price $50.00
- Central Park: ReservoirSpecial Price $35.00 Regular Price $50.00
- Central Park: North MeadowSpecial Price $35.00 Regular Price $50.00