City Plate - Detroit
Special Price $35.00 Regular Price $50.00
Part of our ninth series of City Plates. The theme of this collection is "American Craft Cities." This collection celebrates a new generation of artists and creatives, the growing communities of DIYers, makers, and tinkerers that are collectively revitalizing their cities. A renaissance is under way as these cities’ abandoned spaces are being re-occupied by art show pop-ups, art galleries, bicycle shops, coffee roasters, breweries, production houses for hand-crafted goods, and many other start-up businesses.
This plate highlights neighborhoods, schools, museums and cultural centers in the downtown area of the largest city in the state of Michigan. Detroit’s population has been growing again in recent years as Google, Shinola, Redbull, and many others set up offices in the city. An influx of architects and artists have added to the revitalization of the city’s design landscape. A unique feature of this plate is the secondary green color that highlights the remarkable number of abandoned, fallow lots throughout the city. While raising awareness of its high vacancy past, this plate looks to illustrate the potential of Detroit's transformed landscape.
• 12" diameter• Porcelain• Dishwasher- and microwave-safe• Key buildings are represented with persimmon icons, while rivers and public spaces are shown in blue and green, respectively• Use as a dinner plate, serving plate, or decorative piece• Designed in Los Angeles; made in Poland
Leave a Review
You Might Also Like
- Central Park: Sheep MeadowSpecial Price $35.00 Regular Price $50.00
- Central Park: Great LawnSpecial Price $35.00 Regular Price $50.00
- Central Park: ReservoirSpecial Price $35.00 Regular Price $50.00
- Central Park: North MeadowSpecial Price $35.00 Regular Price $50.00